DevOps Engineer (f/m) for backend development within the FinTech area
Europace is the leading platform for real-estate loan credits in the German finance market. We are not a bank; we are part of the first German FinTech unicorn: Hypoport. We value self-organization and intrinsic motivation over hierarchies. We believe self-organization is our key strength and that’s why we are working with a Holacratic approach. We explore #newWork. Hence we value a professional working environment because the Hypoport group handles a credit transaction volume of 4 billion Euro each month.
How you will work with us:
- You are a member of a professional, interdisciplinary and highly skilled backend engineering team which always strives for the best and smartest solutions for our business requirements.
- You will design, engineer, test and maintain new and existing features for the distributed, message-based Europace credit platform.
- You will work integrated within a German language environment with your colleagues from product, customer support, and sales.
- Continuous Delivery and a very high test coverage will help you to act autonomously and fast.
- The team is deciding on the tech stack together.
- You will use and improve the system monitoring (like Prometheus and Grafana) to observe and enhance the system stability and performance of your services.
- You will lead the migration of existing services from our own on-premise data center to a public cloud infrastructure like AWS.
Who you are:
- You want to shape a complicated application within the FinTech area.
- You are a fan of continuous learning. You share your skills all the time. You are also eager to teach others.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; you guide your decisions by business value.
- You are an open and clear communicator. You are learning the German language and eager to improve your German language skills, or you already speak German fluently.
What you master:
- Experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or DockerSwarm.
- You know deployment and configuration management systems like Puppet, Ansible or Chef.
- Extensive experience with server-side backend development based on object-oriented languages. (We are using Java8 together with Spring and Groovy - we believe you can learn them if you have experience in other languages.)
- You have an interest in financial products in general. We are working in a complex domain where we expect that every individual in our team is contributing to the solution finding process. We will teach you how a mortgage is working in detail.
What we offer:
We value diversity! You will find an environment free of stereotypes. We believe the energy of our teams is getting stronger with a broad range of perspectives everyone is contributing to the team. Together we are building the leading digital platform for financial products. Some of the benefits you get are:
- An innovative culture and an environment where you can influence like in a startup but with the strength of an established company.
- Great work-life balance with flexible and family-friendly working hours, home office, 30 days paid vacations each year as well an option to get ten additional unpaid vacation days.
- 130 engineering colleagues that help you learn and strive.
- Company paid German language courses.
- Our values guiding us:
• We lead together.
• We learn and develop us continually.
• We work combined together.
• We organize us decentralized and autonomous.
- If you are eager to learn more, you will find more information about our culture on our PnO-Blog (German only). If you like to learn more about our technical topics you can also read our Tech Blog (German only).
Would you like to learn more? Send us your application, and we get in touch with you. If you have a GitHub account, feel free to attach it.
Nadine Lennartz, People & Organisation Partner
Tel. +49 30 420 86 -1925
Hypoport AG | Europace AG
Klosterstrasse 71, 10179 Berlin